Last Updated: 29 Jan 2010 GMT +8.
This plugin provides an ability for rejecting/deferring/tagging messages based on $RBLCHECK environment variable. $RBLCHECK is set by patched rblsmtpd if the sender's IP is listed.
IMPORTANT: This plugin is written for and tested with mailfront 1.12 and should work with later version.
- If set, messages will be rejected with code 554.
- If set, messages will be deferred with code 451.
- Do not set this environment variable as this is set by using patched rblsmtpd. You need to patch ucspi-tcp-0.88/rblsmtpd.c with the combined patch (ucspi-tcp-0.88-rblsmtpd.c-combined.patch) provided in this package.
When client starts to transmit data, this plugin will start its checking for $RBLCHECK environment variable. If $RBLCHECK is not empty, the message will be rejected or deferred or tagged.
If $RBLCHECK_REJECT is set, message will be rejected with code 554.
If $RBLCHECK_DEFER is set, message will be deferred with code 451.
If $RBLCHECK_REJECT and $RBLCHECK_DEFER not set, the following line will be added to the message header:
X-RBL-Check: rbl1 rbl2 rbl3
If you run rblsmtpd -l zen.spamhaus.org -l rbl.spamcop.net -l dnsbl.njabl.org -l cbl.abuseat.org -l dnsbl.sorbs.net -l accredit.habeas.com -l plus.bondedsender.org -l iadb.isipp.com, rblsmtpd set the $RBLCHECK environment variable with zen.spamhaus.org cbl.abuseat.org means the sender's IP is listed at zen.spamhaus.org and cbl.abuseat.org RBL database:
X-RBL-Check: zen.spamhaus.org cbl.abuseat.org
Note: If sender is authenticated or $RELAYCLIENT environment variable is set, then this plugin will be skipped.
- mailfront version 1.12 or later
- bglibs version 1.104 or later (might work with earlier version)
- patch ucspi-tcp-0.88 with ucspi-tcp-0.88-rblsmtpd.c-combined.patch provided
- Build and install mailfront
- Switch back to this package
- Adjust the contents of the conf-* files
- Build the sources by running "make"
- Install the plugin by running "make install"
Mailfront Plugins Configuration
Place rblcheck in mailfront's plugin list. Depending on your setup:
- edit the smtpfront-qmail shell script and place the string rblcheck after add-received
- edit the PLUGINS environment variable and place the string rblcheck after add-received
- place the argument rblcheck after the add-received of the mailfront command
Set up environment as described in Environment Configuration above or plugin-rblcheck.html which is included in the package.
This package is copyright © 2010 Giam Teck Choon or CHOON.NET, and may be copied according to the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (GPL) Version 2 or a later version. A copy of this license is included with this package. This package comes with no warranty of any kind.
- 29 Jan 2010 GMT +8 : version 0.01
- Initial release